Friday, August 27, 2010

Once upon a time....

    Once upon a time.... (September 10, 2000), a beautiful, loved, baby girl was born. She had huge, blue eyes, that immediately seemed to be in search of something... She had extreme reactions to: TOUCH, TASTE, SOUND, SMELLS... She, actually, never took a bottle, thus requiring a feeding tube for nourishment....

      Time was spent in Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children....Her Doctors were somewhat baffled, but continued treating symptoms...Time spent in Halifax Medical Center...Time spent in Wolfson's Children's Hospital... Time spent in Nemour's.... Extreme Failure to Thrive... She spent very little time sleeping... most of her time was spent in apparent distress, manifested by unconsolable crying, screaming, kicking and hitting... As difficult as her symptoms were, she was/is still loved unconditionally...
    
    This is the first posting, I've ever written for a new blog. (Of course, it may seem obvious to you!  ;0)

     I am the priviledged mother of that precious, challenging blessing... my youngest daughter  - Rachel.  She is now, almost 10 years old. Over the past 10 years, I have gained a lot of knowledge regarding a variety of conditions & diagnosis', but still consider myself ignorant in many areas, with more questions than answers. Her diagnosis' have changed, been added too....I will share more at another time.

    What I plan on writing and sharing with you are (1)some of the highs & lows, (2)some of the successes & failures, (3)some  suggestions for those finding themselves in similar roles, as well as, requests for suggestions, (4)some things that lead me to tears & many things that lead me to smile...and even laugh out loud!

     Join me on this journey, will you?.... share with me as you feel like it... I'm hoping this will be a blessing to others, as well as therapeutic for me, a simple mom, that wants the best for my children! I pray this blog to be uplifting, but honest... We were chosen to care for a very special child. She is a gift from the Creator of All, GOD Almighty, and HE doesN'T make mistakes!

1 comment:

  1. I will support you and your family and learn through you of what is is like living with this challenge. By sharing your journey, you will help so many others!! Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete