Sunday, May 6, 2012

Strict Dress Code

      So, it has reached 90 degrees here on several days already this spring, here in Florida. I have encouraged Rachel to wear shorts to school, so she wouldn't get so HOT! but she had not responded by wearing them.
      Finally, Friday, she had on long black knit pants with her school shirt. (Keep in mind, she is growing crazy fast and all of her "pants" are now "capris".)
      She finally told me: "I don't have any shorts that fit the dress code at school." Me: "Huh, what about the 3 new pairs of Bermuda shorts?" Rachel: "No, I tried them on and they are too long." Me....??? I was then informed by Rachel, that the students were told by their school "Your shorts must be fingertip long!". Apparently forgetting to add that it is fine to be longer.
      Could the rest of the world get a little more literal before I lose my mind? You, Aspies, keep us in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment