Monday, May 30, 2011

A Time to Plant...

(Photo from 2005)
 
  Celebrating Memorial Day, today. I must admit, the occassion is meaning something different this year to me. My childhood friend, Jenny Newsom's son, Kevin Balduf, was killed in Afghanistan this month for our country. May God give comfort and strength to all those families who have given all for us! Kevin left behind a young wife, 2 young daughters, his twin, Kyle, his Mom, Jenny, Aunt Joyce, Uncle Howard and so many more family & friends.
    When Rachel said she wanted to make a card for Kevin's mom, she handed me a crayon picture of a mitten. Interesting... She then said "there are actually 2 mittens, you just can't see one of them. They are touching together to pray."
    On a completely different topic... Today is Rachel's first real day of summer vacation. And of course, that means to expect the unexpected... she is of course, an Aspie! She was watching a cartoon early this morning & came into my room to ask me "Can we plant eggs?"..... My brain was trying to recover from a migraine, so I wasn't sure what she asked. "What?"  To which she asked again "Can we plant eggs?"... immediate confusion! Followed by the "No; why did you ask that?" 
    "Well, how do you get an EGGPLANT?"... completely sincere.
     Of course... I am so slow! Got to love another Rachelism! And why is the English language so inaccurate, anyway?
    Enjoy your holiday & remember the sacrifices that so many have made for our freedoms! God bless the USA & may we bless GOD!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment