Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wanted/Needed Aspie Interpreter

      This morning began as most mornings do around here. Medicine time, first. Rachel did a great job taking hers,this morning. No complaints, no dragging it out, stalling... Smooth starts always make my day better!
      She even promptly began washing the syringes... from her meds. She then said "Can you tell, I'm taking a role call?"   Huh? I didn't know what she was talking about, (per norm), so I just smiled. She then asked again. I guessed maybe "A role call of your meds?". "NO!" Frustration sets in on both sides!
    She finished cleaning up...only to proclaim again: "I did the role call fast." ....Silence...I chose to ignore what I couldn't decipher.
    As I'm cleaning up the rest of the kitchen, she is getting more and more frustrated. When she finally says "I'm roll on."  Hmmm.... Huh? I ask where are you rolling? She says "No, no, no. Can't you see, how fast I took my medicine and cleaned up? I'm roll on!"
    Alas, another Rachelism. I then ask, (after the light bulb flashed above my head), "Oh, so you are on a roll?"...." NO! "I'm roll on, you know, getting things done faster than usual!"
    Ah... Asperger's and the nuances of the English language. Does anyone know of an Aspie Interpreter? I need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment