Sunday, January 30, 2011

"NO".... What do you mean?

     Daily "battles" & confusion with an Aspie....
So... this morning, we are preparing for a wonderful Sunday, of worship and no school, of course! As I am making up my bed, today, I ask Rachel (as I have to do everyday-part of the routine) "Have you folded up your bankets"?
    Not a hard or unusual question, you would have to agree. Unless, you are trying to communicate with an Aspie! Rachel answered my question with a loudly yelled "NO"! ....keep calm...keep calm...it's not the answer, but the way she answered. She screamed "NO"!
     I found my diplomatic, but frustrated question..."what do you mean, NO?". To which she informed me..."I don't have blankets...I only used ONE blanket."
     Oh, the difference one letter can make to an Aspie & those communicating with them. She was not trying to be "ugly", just ACCURATE! Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment